Electrophysiology is commonly described as the study of the electrical properties of biological cells and tissues. This discipline involves the measurement of voltage change or electric current and can be used to gauge the performance of the heart.
The Electrophysiology Service at Mount Sinai Heart New York Palm Beach uses electrocardiograms, Holter monitors, and a selection of monitoring and ambulatory telemetry services to best serve each patient.
Our physicians offer the following procedures and tests:
- Electrical cardioversion for treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Pacemaker implantation for treatment of bradycardia or slow heart rate
- Implantation of Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICD) for treatment of cardiac arrhythmias and prevention of sudden cardiac death
- Implantation of Cardiac Resynchronization Devices (CRT) for treatment of congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Implantation of Loop Recorders for diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms
- Electrophysiological studies
- Ablation for atrial fibrillation and other common cardiac arrhythmias performed by our partners in New York