When you are dealing with a cancer diagnosis, you want a world-class team. And you want someone nearby. Mount Sinai Doctors-Long Island is home to a wide range of highly skilled cancer specialists. And we use the most advanced and effective approaches available. We have specialists in medical oncology, radiation oncology, infusion services, and radiology imaging services who work together to give you high-quality, coordinated care.
Cancer Treatments We Provide
We understand the importance of establishing a relationship with our patients. Our cancer specialists take the time to listen to you, fully explain your condition, and address your questions. We discuss all treatment possibilities. We are here for you. We take a team approach that includes the following areas:
- Medical Oncology: Medical oncologists are cancer specialists and usually take the lead on your treatment plan. We offer chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and more. Our doctors are associated with New York Cancer and Blood Specialists.
- Radiation Oncology: Our radiation oncologists—doctors who specialize in using radiation to treat cancer—provide high-quality care for breast, prostate, brain, lung, head and neck, and gynecologic cancers. Our radiation oncologists are part of Advanced Radiation Centers of New York. We use the newest technologies, including RapidArc Radiotherapy and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). IMRT focuses high-dose radiation on a precise target. It means minimal damage to healthy tissue and fewer side effects.
- Infusion Services: Our services include chemotherapy and other infusions. Our specialists are part of New York Cancer and Blood Specialists. We use the latest treatment protocols. Our team is committed to giving you personalized attention.
- Positron emission tomography – computed tomography (PET CT): This test uses tiny amounts of a radioactive substance called a radiotracer. It lets us observe your organs and tissues. We can also see how they are functioning.
- Breast Imaging: We use a wide range of breast imaging services to help determine the best treatment plan for you. Our services range from high-resolution breast ultrasound to 3D mammography.
- Breast Surgery: Our office includes an onsite breast surgeon who has experience performing a wide range of procedures. These include breast-conserving surgery and mastectomy.
Advanced Radiation Centers of New York
5 Cuba Hill Road, Suite 400
Greenlawn, NY 11740